A look back at the month that just ended
- New Christmas Stockings! I added my name using a variation of the technique used for these cards.
- First snow of the season!
- Contact paper snowflakes for the back window.
- Paper flower for the top of the Xmas tree. I saw a Pinterest pin that led me to here (which is not in English, but a picture IS worth a thousand words).
- This year’s Christmas Tree. My husband says every year is the best one yet!
- Paper reindeer – I actually made 8 with black noses and one with red for the back window. Again, from a Pinterest pin that leads to a page not in English.
- Christmas Dinner (my plate – I’m a vegetarian, so it’s all about the side dishes). Green Bean Casserole, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Carrots, Cranberries and Feta, Cauliflower Au Gratin, Stuffing, Zucchini and Tomato Tartin and Cranberry Devil Death Sauce.
- My Christmas Present – an Alex cart from Ikea. The right size to hold my Silhouette Cameo, and the drawers are large enough to hold 12 x 12 paper.
- New Year’s Eve Dinner – Cheese Enchiladas
A quick trick that doesn’t require a full 500-word essay
The best wine bottle stopper is actually the cork from a tequila bottle.
Trying to stuff the original cork back into the bottle is frustrating. Buying those cute stoppers is fun, but they can get expensive. My way is a great bargin – each stopper comes with a full bottle of tequila!
Want to be a Rose Bowl princess?
This year, New Year’s Day fell on a Sunday. For some reason, the Rose Bowl won’t have their parade or game on a Sunday, so Monday the 2nd became New Year’s Day Plus.
I woke up realizing that I absolutely, positively needed a Rose Bowl crown.
Continue reading “Rose Bowl Crown”
A great prop for New Year’s Eve photos
As mentioned elsewhere, we don’t go out for New Year’s Eve. Technically, we really don’t go out at all. Or have anyone in. It sounds crabby to say we don’t like people, but it’s true.
My ever patient husband indulges my imagination over-drive by letting me decorate for holidays as if Brad and Angelina are coming over. Wait. They wouldn’t be coming over together anymore.
For 2017, I decided I wanted some photo props for our big night. Number one on my list was a banner. Number 2? Glasses.
Continue reading “2017 Glasses”
Ring in the New Year with a custom message banner
I have a great big picture window on the back of my house. For years, at Christmas, I hung pre-made plastic holiday garland across it, and it looked good. Over the years, more and more of that plastic began to crumble, and this year, it didn’t make the cut for holiday decorating.
Instead, I used my new Silhouette machine and cut a holiday banner.
Continue reading “2017 Banner”